Oakland Mills will once again be celebrating our community on Saturday, October 6, 2018 at our annual Fall Festival. This year is extra special as it is Oakland Mills’ 50th Birthday. The Festival will honor those past 50 years in a variety of ways.
We will have live entertainment, festival food, children’s activities, craft and community vendors and much more. We welcome all. The event is free and is held rain or shine.
Vendor applications are now available. If you are interested in being a vendor, please email Brigitta Warren at email@example.com.
Please see General Information regarding the Festival below:
- The Festival will be held on Saturday, October 6, 2018 from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the Oakland Mills Village Center. In the event of inclement weather, the festival will be held inside The Other Barn (adjacent to the center).
- INCLEMENT WEATHER – INDOOR FESTIVAL ARRANGEMENTS Since our indoor space is limited, we will provide space based on the order in which we receive completed contracts and fees. In addition, the type of services provided by each participant will be considered when deciding on availability of indoor space. Most of the available space will be located on the second floor of The Other Barn. All participants will be personally responsible for transporting their own display items up the stairs, without the assistance of a cargo elevator. If you do not wish to participate in the festival if moved indoors, please indicate so on the participation form. Call OMCA the day prior to or day of festival (410-730-4610) if weather conditions are questionable to find out if the festival will be held indoors.
- The participant will receive an email once their application and payment has been received confirming his/her participation in the Festival.
- Any booth or activity, which differs from that described on the Participation Form, may result in forfeiture of space.
- The Oakland Mills Community Association (OMCA) is the sole determiner of booth placement.
- The OMCA reserves the right to refuse space, limit products or activities to prevent duplication.
- Set up and take down are the responsibility of the participants.
- Participants should make their space as attractive as possible. Tables should be covered. Signs indicating the activity being offered must be readily visible.
- The vendor agrees to comply with any and all laws and regulations of the Federal, State and Local Government including but not limited to any permits, licenses and inspections which may be applicable to the leased premises. Participants are responsible for securing their own proper licenses and permits and for paying the appropriate fees and taxes.
- If you will be using a tent or canopy, the tent or canopy will need to be weighted down with 10 lb. sandbags on all sides along with being NFPA 701 compliant. Per the Howard County Fire Marshall, “The tent or canopy shall have a label affixed or an on-site certification stating that the tent complies with NFPA 701, California State Fire Marshal, or other testing standard approved by the Office of the Fire Marshall. The on-site certification must identify the make and model of the tent along with the certifying testing agency.”
- The OMCA provides NO equipment (NO TABLES or CHAIRS, OR ELECTRICTY, etc.) to participants.
- Vehicles will not be allowed on the Festival premises between the hours of 10:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Please arrive before that time to set up.
- Vendors MUST keep their booth set-up for the duration of the festival. Vendors’ products/information may only be sold/distributed within confines of booth.
- Approximately 1 week before the Festival, participants will receive via email final confirmation information. Set up and breakdown details will also be sent.