Oakland Mills Board of Directors
Tuesday March 10, 2020
7:00 p.m. Call to Order
- Approve Minutes from February 25, 2020
- Approve Agenda for March 10, 2020
7:05 p.m. Resident Remarks (10 min)
7:15 p.m. NEW BUSINESS (15 min)
- OMCA FY 21 DRAFT Budget Discussion, Board (10 min)
- Resident Request to be considered to represent Oakland Mills on the Columbia Association Watershed Advisory Committee (5 min)
7:30 p.m. OLD BUSINESS (35 min)
- Board member concern about the vote taken at the Feb. 11, 2020 Board Meeting regarding Board Standards Policy compliance and the Maryland HOA Open Meetings Act.
The vote under question is the approved motion “to ask CA for an additional up to $15,000 to $20,000 in the CA Budget, with no adverse effect on Oakland Mills’ current budget request , for a consultant-led process with a specified starting point of Oakland Mills Board involvement to explore a multi-generational gathering area in either the Talbott Springs pool and surrounding area or the Stevens Forest pool and surrounding area.”
- Parking on Stevens Forest Road between Basket Ring and Whiteacre Road, Board Discussion (10 min)
- Howard County proposed Council Bill 13-2020, Discussion on the proposed bill which would provide the Dept. of Housing and Community Development and the HC Housing Commission with the first right to purchase rental housing at its final point of sale. To read the legislation CLICK HERE. (10 min)
- Volunteer of the Year, Board Discussion (5 min)
8:10 p.m. Board Chair Report, Jonathan Edelson (10 min)
8:20 p.m. Columbia Council Rep. Report, Virginia (Ginny) Thomas
Vice Chair of the Columbia Association Board of Directors (15 min)
On Feb 27, I submitted an updated proposal to the CA Board asking them to consider requesting staff to assist the OMVB to facilitate community engagement regarding possible enhancements, however small, to the Stevens Forest and Talbott Springs Neighborhood Center areas. There is no budget item attached to this request.
Some of the possibilities, I have heard from residents are fixing storm water drainage behind residential properties, ceding ownership of the HRD commercial property to CA, pond beautification, and other possible improvements.
As I explained to the CA Board this process, if it moves ahead, would not start until the Fall as we would want maximum community participation.
If the community decides that they want some enhancements that would have to go to the CA Board in the appropriate budget cycle.
8:35 p.m. Village Manager’s Report, Sandy Cederbaum (5 min)
8:40 p.m. Committee Reports
Architecture, Lynn Engelke, Chair (20 min)
8:45 p.m. Board Bulletin Board (5 min)
8:50 p.m. Adjourn