Come Check out the Little Free Library at The Other Barn
Oakland Mills Community Association is excited to be the steward for the Little Free Library on behalf of our neighbors and our community. The Oakland Mills Little Free Library is located just outside The Other Barn adjacent to the Courtyard. The way it works is simple:
- We initially stock the Little Free Library with a variety of good quality books that we hope will interest our neighbors.
- You stop by and take whatever books you would like to read.
- You return and bring a book that you would like to contribute.
- Little Free Library books are always a gift, never for sale.
Little Free Library is a movement started by Todd Bol and Rick Brooks in 2010, and has grown to include little libraries in most states and dozens of countries. Little Free Library’s mission is to:
- Promote literacy and the love of reading by building free book exchanges worldwide.
- Foster a sense of community and connection as we share skills, creativity and wisdom across generations.
- Build more than 2,510 libraries around the world (the number of “real” libraries built by Andrew Carnegie)!
Check out the Little Free Library story at www.littlefreelibrary.org and look at the many amazing examples of little libraries. For more information about the Oakland Mills Little Free Library, please contact Amy Carpenter at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-730-4610.