- CONTACT AND VILLAGE INFORMATION
- CALENDAR OF EVENTS
- COMMUNITY RESOURCES
- LIVING IN OAKLAND MILLS
- Directions to The Other Barn/Map
- RENT THE OTHER BARN
- BUYING SELLING MAINTAINING YOUR PROPERTY
- Architectural Guidelines
- Architectural Review Process
- RAC Applications for Review
- RAC Meeting Dates and Deadlines
- Things To Know and Do When Submitting An Application To The Architecture Committee
- Exterior Alteration and In-Home Business Applications
- Buying and Selling in OM
- Letter of Compliance Request Form
- FAQ's for Covenant Information
- PICTURES OF OAKLAND MILLS
- FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Get Involved in Oakland Mills
There are many ways to becoming involved with Oakland Mills. Getting engaged is simple and one can get engaged in a way that best suits their interest and availability. Some work can be done right from home, our virtual volunteers! Others can get involved for a one time event or join a committee. The main thing is to get engaged, have fun and make a difference!
Here are some opportunities to get engaged in Oakland Mills:
Be a Street Captain! Becoming a Street Captain is a great way to get to know your neighbors or deepen your relationships with them. It will make you feel good! And a more connected neighborhood is a happier and safer place to live. If interested, contact Fred Eiland, Community Organizer.
- Master Plan Committee Contact Reginald Avery or Bill Gray.
OM Village Center Master Plan
- Music & Arts Committee is always creating something new. And we are hungry for more ideas, talent, and types of art and music to come into OM. Contact Fred Eiland, Community Organizer.
- Oakland Mills Cultural Arts Festival Team - each year our biggest celebration is our Cultural Arts Festival (October 5, 2013). It's a fantastic day that sees over 1000 visitors to OM. Want to join the creative team that makes it happen? Contact Brigitta Warren, Event & Administrative Coordinator.
Election Monitor Committee - This vital committee ensures free and fair elections in Oakland Mills. Contact Sandy Cederbaum.
Blandair Advisory Commitee Blandair Regional Park latest information on Master Plan and committee work. Contact Cathy Latham.
CA Watershed Advisory Committee - Contact Daniel Kirk-Davidoff.
CA Senior Advisory Committee - Contact Paul Verchinski.
CA Tennis Advisory Committee - Contact Jim Alvey.
Oakland Mills Board of Director and Columbia Council Representative (CCR) - The board and CCR are elected, one year term, attend two meetings per month along with many other responsibilities. Village Elections for all Board Seats and CCR are held annually in April. We are always looking for residents to serve on the board.
Oakland Mills Board of Directors: 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month at 7:30 p.m. in The Other Barn. Serving on the Village Board is grassroots politics – and a way to make a difference in your community. Serving on the Board has great rewards along with responsibilities. If would like to find out the commitment it takes to serve on the Oakland Mills Board or as CCR please attend our Board meetings and speak with our current board members and CCR as well as our Village Manager. Please refer to the OM Election Information Page for important information and election calendar. Those who are interested in running for office can obtain a nomination form and election packet at The Other Barn April 2014.
Resident Architectural Committee - The committee reviews Architectural Applications and attends two meeting per month. Want to inquire about joining this committee? Resident Architecture Committee (RAC): 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month at 7:30 p.m. in The Other Barn.
Contact Debbie Bach.